Saturday, October 25, 2008

Crêperie le Triskel 2 (crêpe)

Crêperie le Triskel
32 Hardware Lane, Melbourne
Tel o4 6640 6404

Last time, I came here for breakfast and would like to try their crepe so much. Today, I went there with two friends, Oil and Card. We decided to order 2 savoury gallettes and 2 sweet crepes to share.

We ordered Le Triskel: Egg, Swiss Gruyere Cheese and Mushroom with Prosciutto (11AUD) and La Poulette: Egg with Turkey (8AUD) added spinach (1.50AUD).

This is Le Triskel: Egg, Swiss Gruyere Cheese and Mushroom with Prosciutto. We all think that this one is very salty (from Prosciutto) and too cheesy for my friends (but for me I am a cheese lover, so, it is o.k. for me). We think that this one is too tasty.

This is La Poulette: Egg with Turkey and the additional of spinach. We think this one is better than Le Triskel as the taste is more mild. The turkey is so good...soft and come in a very thin sheet.

All savoury gallettes served with salad, the dressing is olive oil and sesame. Just normal.

Overall, we think that the savoury crepes is not bad but also not that good. We found that the crepe we had at Suzuki night, Queen Victoria Market on summer is far better.

After discussed for dessert, we ordered French Chestnut Puree crepe (4AUD) and Fresh Strawberries & Chocolate crepe with Vanilla Icecream (8.50AUD) added strawberry jam (1.5AUD).

The fresh strawberries and chocolate one looked soooo good...after seeing this one, I forgot to take the picture of the chestnut puree one...lol

We are so happy with our dessert...smile! (You can see the chestnut puree crepe in this picture...the plain one)

Sweet crepes are soooooo good. I think the chestnut puree crepe is good but the fresh strawberry and chocolate one is the best crepe of this meal. Oil made a right decision to add strawberry jam to this plate...it makes the crepe moist and sweet, accompany with the bitter chocolate and fresh strawberries. I love the result! (the waitress told us that they haven't add strawberry jam to this one before.) And the crepe itself is very soft, unlike the savoury one, that one is crispy.

As I mentioned in the previous blog, I love Le Bol de Cafe au Lait (4AUD). I definitely ordered it again.

My friends were so shock that I ordered this large coffee. I told them to try as it is not strong at all. I think it is like the milk with the essence of coffee...that's the reason I love it. Normally, I am a latte lover, I love mild coffee like this.

Overall, I think this place is good at sweet crepes. The savoury one is just normal and you could find the better one somewhere but for the sweet one, it is a must to try their sweet crepes!

9 comments:

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

Wahhhhhhhhh..........the strawberry crepe make me wanna go to Melbourne already ! Haih.....

Jutapha said...

You should come here and have it na ka P'Ja. It worth your ticket from Sydney!!!

Anonymous said...

Waiting to read y'r commend about Pain au chocolate and croissant na ja. Please..please write.

Jutapha said...

As requested ka...

Unknown said...

Everything looks SOOOO yummmmy:D:D:D thankyou for telling me about the place.will definitely check it out:)

Jutapha said...

my pleasure to share good places with friends :)

Anonymous said...

Jutapha, you might like to correct the spelling of this cafe: it's 'creperie' ( not crepelerie)
Just a little typo.....
A bientot!

Jutapha said...

Thank you, I already corrected all of my mistake :)
a bientot!

Anonymous said...

Did you know that Le Triskel have just started 'French Cheese and Wine' degustation evenings every Friday from 6pm? They have a happy hour prior to this from 5 to 6pm....have you been yet? sooooo good.....