Sunday, September 20, 2009

Mamon Cake


I got this recipe from http://www.bloggang.com/viewdiary.php?id=monnira&month=11-2008&date=13&group=75&gblog=5

I'm not sure how this philippino sponge cake must be. For me, it somehow likes a better version of Kanom-Kai, with more moist. Get along well with cheese (but my mom prefers jam on top).

The recipe i worked on today uses vegetable oil. if you prefer, the blog mentioned above also got few more recipes that you can try. The butter one is also good but a bit too moist for my mom (she prefers this one).

1/2 cup of cake flour
1/2 cup of caster sugar (i use normal sugar)
3 Eggs (separate egg yolks and egg white)
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of cream of tartar
1 tsp of vanilla extract

1. Preheat the oven at 180 degree
2. Sift together cake flour and baking powder
3. Whisk together egg yolks, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract until well combine
4. Whisk together egg white and cream of tartar at the high speed. Add sugar and whisk until it reaches firm peak
5. Add egg yolks mixture and whisk (still at high speed) until well combine
6. Fold in flour. Make sure that it is well combined
7. Bake at 180 degree for 10-12 minutes

I had this cutie cakes with home-brew cafe latte (for melbournian info, i'm now on Jasper Coffee, Blend 10).

4 comments:

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

so cute ka.. .look like the little cupcake :D

Jutapha said...

thanks ka :)

Unknown said...

I've already knew la Pee why I can't do this menu. I didn't realize that I have to whisk with high speed ..haha. I hope I can do well next time.

Jutapha said...

good for you ja. the next time gonna be better than the first time for sure :)