Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mocha & Muffins, Four Seasons Hotel

Mocha & Muffins
Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok (at Parichart Court Area)
155 Rajadamri Road
Bangkok 10330
Tel. 02 250-1000

When I was young, this hotel called 'Regent', now is 'Four Seasons' and i was quite familiar with this hotel back then as my dad and my brother used to have haircut here, came here almost every month, i guess. My most favorite part of this hotel is the garden located in the middle of the hotel. The hotel building has the garden inside, surround by the guess rooms, like an hidden forest, with little bridge and small canel and everything!

I totally forgot about this place. Long time that i last came to this hotel. Then, i found out about LoLo's blog accidently and found his post about this place in his blog and it reminds me about this secret garden. Apart from the nice place, LoLo told me that they use Vittoria. (Found out at the shop that they did not use gold, just normal one).

This is just the bakery shop of the hotel, hidden besides secret garden. so i didn't expect that much, but I can make sure that everything will be at least average good in the hotel standard.


look at the place! you can choose to sit outside: in the garden or in front of the shop like french cafes, or if you like air-conditioning room or the weather outside is too hot, you can sit inside the shop.

As you can guess, i ordered latte as usual. Perfect milk froth with perfect amount!

My so-called 'Petit Fours'. They do both normal size and mini (petit) size. I can't decide which to order. So instead of going for big one, i went for 3 small ones. I did ham&cheese croissant, coffee macaron, and cheesecake.

They also served coconut cookie with coffee!

The mini croissant is amazing!!!!! fluffy, crispy, and cheesy! heard that sausage roll is also amazing (both mentioned in LoLo's blog and i also took away some for my family and got the same comment from my bro) but i am sweet tooth, so i go for sweet instead of 2 savouries. Cheesecake is also good, but i expect more as the croissant is THAT amazing. Macaron is ok, honestly, i ordered it just to make a good company with bitter coffee.
my latte is sooooooo good! fulfill my miss-melbourne-coffee feeling. Vittoria is usually used in lots of cafe in Mel (at least the cafe at my law school uses Vittoria, and i have a latte/mocha/flat white a day on weekdays there. Note to SL and LS, do you remember which coffee bean the cafe at my place use?) so it brings back good memories back there. But better than that, can someone convince Jasper or Dancing Goat to open their shop in Bangkok? :)







8 comments:

LoLo The Food Blogger said...

Thank you for help promoting LoLo's Blog. You are so kind :)

Nugmeg said...

My dear, Dancing Goat 's good because of its barista. It uses coffee from 2 sources; St.Ali and Veneziano.
Suggest; you should think about setting up y'r own coffee cafe and import coffee from here :)

Jutapha said...

LoLo...my pleasure, for you make me remember another nice place ka

Nutmeg...so, we better think of also import barista? lol

Anonymous said...

I hope not many people get to read your blog!

this is one of my favourite ‘secret’ places in Bangkok

I love the tranquil, courtyard Tropical garden

The coffee is very very good indeed (I am a purist and drink mine black with no sugar I actually like the taste of coffee without the milk, froth and sugar)

If your standards are based on what you had in Melbourne then you should really improve them - Go to Italy!

The pastries are some of the best I have had (try the multi-grain croissant)
and the cakes are excellent

Jutapha said...

umm...good coffee is based on many element; good bean, proper water, good barista, good machine, in my case as i love latte, good method of milk frothing, etc..etc..and of course, good atmosphere!

I know Italy is the land of coffee but that doesn't guarantee that all coffee in Italy or made by italian person will be always good and i didn't say that Mel is the best place for coffee in the world...Mocha&Muffins just brought back Mel memories, as they use Australia Coffee and the good atmosphere there. And in fact, Vittoria is not my most favorite brand..just a good local brand that can guarantee that such shop uses quite ok coffee.

For coffee in Mel (and also Sydney), there are many...many shops provide really good coffee, same as lots of cities in the world, but as i experienced Mel, i mentioned Mel.

Mocha&Muffins' coffee doesn't good because of just good coffee bean, it's good because of elements above. Even they don't use Vittoria, i will still go there, Vittoria is just a little plus to make it more mentally special for me.

Honestly, i love greek coffee, such a wonderful thing!

Nutmeg said...

Coffee..coffee..coffee... I 'm wondering how anyone can call himself/herself the purist coffee drinker for literally drink only black coffee, LOL
It 's true that to get the most flavour/aroma from coffee you have to drink it as an espresso. I 'll do the esspresso when I first buy my new beans because I want to distinguish which flavour that particular coffee has. After that, it 'll depend on coffee character. For example; if I get hold of the single origin beans from Yeman or Nicaraguo, I 'll automatically go for mocha since they tend to have bergamot or orange aroma. On the other hand, Mexican and Bolivia are good with short mac.
Anyway, foods and drinks are subjective topics which I 'm happily discuss with you all day :) But I 'll make sure that I 'll not be such a wannabe coffee snob when talking with you.

Oh said...

to me, i prefer an atmosphere of drinking coffee than coffee itself a'(coz i'm tea lover 555).I found that long journey make me so sick ...and no mood to enjoy any food or drink.

Jutapha said...

Oh...agree that atmosphere is also the important element. like, if you do have really good coffee/tea but you have to drink it in your cube in the office, that's not gonna work

anyway, glad that you enjoy ice lemon tea today na (but actually it's because of the extra lime juice? :P)