Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ohana Cafe

Ohana Cafe
50/4 Sukhumvit Soi 24,
Bangkok 10110
Tel 02 661 1930
Fax 01 661 1931
Open daily 9 a.m.-9p.m.
(Parking at Sakura Restaurant available 9 a.m.-6 p.m.)

I heard several persons talked about this place (including my dad), so I asked my dad to bring me here.

Opening hours.

Menu outside the shop. Cute, isn't it?

The place. I like that they keep the big trees which growing at the venue by building this glass house with the hole for them. and the glass makes you be able to sit in the sunlight (while we need to be in the office on weekdays and can't relax in this atmosphere; sunshine and blue sky) while being in air conditioner room.

My cafe latte and croissant (Baht 120). Look at the latte! i don't have latte served with beautiful latte art like this for at least 6 months...with silky, creamy froth...another favorite cafe found!

My dad's Matcha Latte (Baht 90)

After stirring and adding syrup.

As we went there for lunch, my parents ordered the Set Menu (Baht 200) which consists of Soup, Pasta, Salad, and Dessert.

Their soup came! I can't remember what they ordered as I was busy photos taking, running around the shop to check out things, and read one interesting coffee book and cookbooks provide, lol. Think they ordered Carrot Soup and Spinach Soup.

Pasta! My dad's was Fettucini Alfredo.

My mom's was Spaghetti Bolognese.

The dessert on the set today is Brownie. I i stole one bite from my mom, yum!

My lunch coming! I ordered Vanilla Waffle with Strawberry, Fresh Cream, and Vanilla Ice Cream (Baht 150). As you may know that i'm sweet tooth, i can have sweets as a meal, lol.

Show you the filling. I think the stew inside is rhubarb and strawberry.

My dad's Ice Espresso Latte (Baht 90). Made with Espresso ice and cold milk with milk froth, so the more the ice melts, the more coffee flavor.

My dad drank it too fast, so i can show you the ice.

Highlight of the day! After i talked with the owner of the shop and know that he had Jamaica Blue Mountain, I can't resist to ask him to if i can order some and he said yes :)

Show you the coffee.

Crema!!!!!

This is the second time of the year i tried Jamaica Blue Mountain. (one of my friends told me that it tastes different each year.) Surprisingly good with French press (as recommend by the owner that it's better than espresso).

Overall, Ohana is much better than i expected. so it becomes my new favorite place :)

6 comments:

Ploy said...

Na kin makkkkk...wanna eat all of them esp the matcha latte..eiei

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

I am also surprised when see the latte art ka.. :D

and ur dad's drink..Ice Espresso Latte .. interesting name..hahaha

I definitely go there for sure, even I am a big fan of coffee, feel wanna try the matcha latte too

Jutapha said...

Ploy...thanks ka, don't forget to visit here when you come back na ka :)

P'Ja...that is!!! i am also surprise to see the latte art! for your info, this place also have flat white. I will try to ask them about the affogato next time.

For the ice espresso latte, it's quite interesting but what i did is stealing an espresso cube and just let it melt in my mouth, wonderful...

Nent said...

I do love the name..Oh!
as well as I do love the food ;)

Jutapha said...

P'Nent...it's read as O-HA-NA!!!

Nent said...

Oops! Let call it "Oh-a-na cafe" then :D