Saturday, October 17, 2009

Kinniku Gyudon

Kinniku Gyudon
Room 307, 3rd Floor, La Villa,
356 Phaholyothin Road, Bangkok
Tel: 02-613-0516
Open daily: 11.30 a.m.-10.00 p.m.

First of all, I have to tell you that i'm the big fan of Yoshinoya, the famous japanese gyudon(beef bowl) brand which has branches in many countries, e.g. Singapore. When I go to Singapore, I have to visit their shop for at least 2 times, for the 3 days trip :)

I found this place by accident as my iphone's headset got some problems, so i needed to go to istudio to get the new one after work. After reaching La Villa, I walked around to find the place for dinner and found this!!!

Kinnikuman!!! (Sorry for the bad photo quality but i really like their name card holder.) For Manga lovers, you must know Kinnikuman better than me for sure. I just know that he's a wrestler who loves gyudon. You will find Kinnikuman models around this shop!

I ordered Ice Green Tea (Baht 45).

Here they come! Gyudon Set (Baht 165 for Gyudon and you can order as a set and they will also provide you miso soup and salad with the extra charge of Baht 40). For your information, they also do the pork version and have other menu, such as Curry Rice , Tempura, Salmon Teriyaki and Hamberg Steak, not just Gyudon.

Top view of the beef bowl. From what they told us, they use Karubi (beef short rib) beef and slice the beef at 1.5 mm thickness.

Zoom! Such a very big bowl! I can't finish all rice (but definately finish all beef as i'm a carnivore, lol.)

Got the professional photo from my friend's camera, much better than mine :)

I don't know how to describe all the taste. so tender, so soft, not too much seasoning so you can taste the real taste of the beef. Have to tell you that my brother and my mom opined that it gonna be better if it is more tasty but in my opinion, i love it as it is. (still believe that if you get really good ingredient, you don't have to season it much, just cook it properly and go for the real taste!)

Hamberg steak. From my opinion, I think they still keep high quality of the meat using in this dish. Good actually, but Gyudon is the best!

Dessert time!!! Green tea ice-cream with red bean paste (Baht 80). Look great but too sweet green tea ice-cream to my like (i love the bitter green tea ice-cream with loads of greentea flavor), so my mom helped me finish it :)

This week, i went there twice now (Gyudon in both visits). Think it already proved how much i love it. Really recommend you to go there and give it a try!

No comments: