Saturday, October 25, 2008

Mango Pudding

I always love mango pudding but I really hates the one made with the artificial mango essence. It tastes really bad and it makes me feel like I eat the fake mango.

One of the best mango pudding in Thailand for me is Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok Hotel's. It makes with real mango served with whipping cream in martini glass. This is the inspiration for me to make it myself...and this recipe is the recipe that I use many many times and my pudding always come out so great, like Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok Hotel's mango pudding.

Two weeks ago, I found blushed mangoes at Queen Victoria market. I tasted it and I think it can fit in my recipe. I have made mango pudding from this recipe hundreds times in Bangkok using Numdokmai mango, one of thai mangoes which taste really sweet without sour taste at all. Another diffence is yogurt in Thailand is much lighter than Australian yogurt...so, I think all ingredients in Melbourne would change the taste of my recipe...but it is good to have a try.

Ingredients

Blushed mango puree 3/4 cup - 1 cup (I used 1 and a half mangoes)
Blused mango cut into cubes as much as you want (I used half mango)
Yogurt 2 yogurt cups
Lime juice 1 tablespoon
Honey 1 tablespoon
Sugar 1/3 cup
Gelatin 1 tablespoon or 1 package
Cold water 3 tablespoons
Hot water 1/3 cup

1) Prepare Gelatin by sprink gelatin over cold water. Let stand to soften for 5 minutes. Then, add hot water and stir until it all combine.
2) Mix mango puree, yogurt, sugar, honey, and lime juice. (I always use food processor as I use it to make mango puree. So, after you make mango puree, just add other ingredients and mix until it all combine)
3) Add gelatin, mix until it all combine
4) Add mango cubes, flod just combine
5) Pour it into glasses. Then, put all glasses into refrigerator and chill until the pudding is set, around 2-3 hours or overnight.

Note: I am not sure if the recipe is translated from Thai to proper English as I haven't written the recipe in English before.

The result is very different from the one I made in Bangkok. This one is more creamy and the taste of mango is much different. Blushed mango makes the taste of honey stronger than Numdokmai mango. I think if I do it again, I will use a cup of yogurt and a cup of milk instead of 2 cups of yogurt. I want it to be lighter. In additional, I will not use honey or use only half tablespoon of honey because the honey tastes too strong. Honey shouldn't be the main taste of this recipe as the main taste must be mango's.

I gave them to my friends and they told me they are all love it. Actually, it's only me who is not happy with it as I think my previous one in Bangkok is better. Maybe I need to adapt the recipe and try it next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clever girl!!