Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Saboten Shinjuku Tonkatsu

Saboten
7F Isetan (opposite to Kinokuniya Bookstore), Central World
Bangkok, Thailand

I saw lots of people queuing in front of this shop and my friends also told me that their tonkatsu (japanese deep fried breadcrump pork) is good, so I want to try :)

We ordered Tenderloin Tonkatsu set, Sirloin Tonkatsu set, and Tonkatsu sandwiches.

They served us free green tea, hot or ice one. I chose the ice one for the weather in Thailand is so hot now (welcome to Thailand summer!)

For the set menu, they served it will refillable cabbage, rice, and miso soup.

They had 2 choices for salad dressing; sesame dressing and Shoyu dressing. Both are good, but I preferred the sesame one. The cabbage was so crispy and cold. It refreshed me and prepared me for the main dish.

Sesame, for the tonkatsu sauce. You have to crush it yourself and you would get the fresh aroma of sesame. I am the sesame lover, so I love that they provided this.

What is in this?

Tonsatku sauce.

After crushing sesame, you have to mix it with the sauce.

My mom's Sirloin Tonkatsu set and my aunt Tonkatsu sandwiches served with french fries. (If you order Tonkatsu sandwiches, it will not serve with rice, cabbage, miso soup, and sesame)

My Tenderloin Tonkatsu set.

Another picture to show the pork.

It was good. Breadcrump was so crispy and not oily. The pork is so tender. For sauce, as I love sesame, so I like that they didn't serve us just the sauce, but with the sesame. The sauce itself is just normal, the taste is like the brand one named bulldog.

Miso soup with seaweed and beancurd. Just normal or maybe I was too full from the pork, LOL.

Complimentary dessert, green tea ice cream. Not too sweet, just a bit sweet and bitter as my like. I love this one. Maybe the reason I will go back to this shop again is not for Tonkatsu, but for complimentary dessert, LOL.

Overall, I love this shop. The food is good. The location is good (Central World is the huge department store located in the center of Bangkok). I can go there to shop for cloth and books (it's opposite to Kinokuniya) and drop here for lunch or dinner :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will go to try it and let you know the result. My brother love your blog,he enjoys eating as me ha ha.

Jutapha said...

Oh...good to know that you and N'Boat like it ja. and you have to try another one i told you last night na...that one is super awesome!